The Office of Accessibility Services serves as a national voter registration site. The office is happy to assist any student in filling out or submitting an application to vote.
To be eligible to register to vote in New York, a person must meet all of the following criteria:
- be a resident of New York (a person who has come to New York for temporary purposes and intends to return to another state is not considered a resident for voting purposes).
- be a U.S. citizen.
- does not claim the right to vote in another State.
- be 18 years old (Note: Any person who is 17 years old and will be eighteen years of age at the next general election shall be permitted to register in advance and also vote in any intervening primary or special election).
- not currently declared mentally incompetent by a court of law.
- if convicted of a felony, your right to vote must have been restored.
Voter registration application
Voter registration applications are available in the Office of Accessibility Services, George Shepard Student Center in room 348 and at the Newburgh Campus in room 128. You can also get registration forms at most state agency offices and post offices. You can also use the online application for voter registration links below:
- Fillable English Voter Registration Application - elections.ny.gov (PDF)
- Fillable Spanish Voter Registration Application - elections.ny.gov (PDF)
Application for Absentee Ballot
- Fillable English Application for Absentee Ballot - elections.ny.gov (PDF)
- Fillable Spanish Application for Absentee Ballot - elections.ny.gov (PDF)
Contact Information for the County Board of Elections
Orange County Board of Elections
75 Webster Avenue, P. O. Box 30
Goshen, NY 10924
Louise Vandemark, Comm. D
David C. Green, Comm., R
Bianca Staltare, Dep. Comm., D
Courtney Canfield Greene, Dep. Comm., R
Contact Information / Questions
At SUNY Orange, the point of contact for Voter Registration is the Associate Vice President for Student Engagement and Completion, Madeline Torres-Diaz. (845) 341-4407, firstname.lastname@example.org