Nursing Content Mastery Series (CMS)
SUNY Orange uses the ATI Nursing Content Mastery Series (CMS) tests for two purposes:
- The Fundamentals test is used an entrance test for students applying to our RN program as LPNs who do not meet the articulation agreements. Please see the LPN to RN Application Resources page for more information.
- Continuing Nursing students who wish to test out of Nursing 3 will take both the Maternal Newborn and Pediatric Nursing (formerly Nursing Care of Children) tests. Nursing Department approval is required to test out.
Content Mastery Series tests are 60 questions each, with a time limit of 90 minutes. The tests contain a combination of multiple choice and Next Gen style questions that are seen on the NCLEX, which can include Drag-and-Drop Cloze and Multiple-Response (samples here).
The cost per test is $43.
Scheduling a Test:
- Testing is available for SUNY Orange students ONLY.
- Create an ATI account. SUNY Orange is listed as "Orange County CC ADN."
- Testing will be held in person at both campuses. Students are required to bring a face mask or covering to the test.
- Please email email@example.com to schedule a test date.
Students with testing accommodations who would like to use their accommodations must speak with the Office of Accessibility Services prior to scheduling a test date.
On Test Day
On the day of the test, you will pay the ATI exam fee online before beginning the test. This payment can be made only by debit or credit card. ATI does not accept prepaid cards.
What You Will Need to Test:
- Your ATI username and password
- Valid debit or credit card to pay the ATI test fee
- School or government-issued photo identification (such as a driver's license or passport)
- Face mask/covering
- Your exam will be scored immediately. You may view your scores at any time by signing into your ATI account. All tests require a Level 1 Mastery Score to pass.
- After testing, please send a PDF copy of your test scores to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can access your scores within your ATI account.
- Test scores are valid for two years.
Study Guides and Materials