ATI-TEAS Testing Procedures
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a multiple-choice exam designed to measure the basic knowledge and skills of prospective nursing students.
Registering and Scheduling for TEAS
- First, go to the ATI Testing website and create an account. SUNY Orange is listed as "Orange County CC ADN." When you create your account on the ATI website, write down your username and password and bring them with you to the test. You will not be able to test without this information.
- Next, please use the TEAS Sign-up page to schedule a test date.
There are a set number of seats available for each date. Seats are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis, so please do not wait until the last minute to schedule.
If you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment, please use the TEAS Sign-Up Page link above.
Students with testing accommodations who would like to use their accommodations must speak with the Office of Accessibility Services prior to scheduling a test date.
On Test Day
TEAS candidates must pay a non-refundable $25 SUNY Orange fee prior to the test. You may pay by cash, check, credit card (MasterCard, Visa, or Discover), or money order. Allow yourself at least a half an hour prior to the test to complete the payment process.
*As of February 25, 2019, the $25 SUNY Orange fee is waived for current or former SUNY Orange students who are veterans, on active duty, Reservists, or otherwise affiliated with the military. Spouses and dependents are also waived. Please bring your military ID, DD214, or another form of military documentation with you to the test as verification.
To pay for your exam:
- In Middletown: On the day of your test, go to Student Services Central (Shepard Student Center, 3rd floor) to pay the $25 fee. Then proceed to the Testing Center (Shepard Student Center, Room 225) with your payment receipt and photo ID.
- In Newburgh: On the day of your test, go to Student Services Central (Kaplan Hall, Room 110) to pay the $25 fee. Then proceed to Kaplan Hall, Room 233 with your payment receipt and photo ID.
On the day of the exam, candidates will also pay a $58 ATI exam fee (plus tax) online in the Testing Center before starting the test. This payment can be made only by debit or credit card. ATI does not accept prepaid cards.
What to Bring to the Test
- Valid government-issued photo identification (such as a driver's license or passport)
- Your ATI username and password
- Receipt of payment of the SUNY Orange $25 fee
- Debit or credit card for the $58 ATI exam fee (plus tax)
Please be on time. If you arrive late, the proctor may refuse to seat you in order to avoid disrupting the other candidates. It is recommended that you allow yourself approximately four hours total to complete your exam.
Your exam will be scored immediately. You may view your scores at any time by signing into your ATI account.
TEAS Test Locations
- Middletown Testing Center: Shepard Student Center, Room 225
- Newburgh Testing Center: Kaplan Hall, Room 233
SUNY Orange students must wait a minimum of 45 days before retesting. Students may take the test twice within an academic year (August to July). TEAS scores are valid for two years.