ATI-TEAS Testing Procedures
We offering online TEAS testing via Proctorio. Please see below for more information.
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a multiple-choice exam designed to measure the basic knowledge and skills of prospective nursing students.
Scheduling a Test
- Create an ATI account. SUNY Orange is listed as "Orange County CC ADN."
- Test your desktop computer, laptop or Chromebook. You will need the latest version of Google Chrome, a microphone (internal or external), webcam (internal or external, minimum 320x240 VGA resolution) and stable internet connection. You cannot test with an iPad, phone or tablet.
- Schedule a test date.
- Complete a dry run/practice test. Further instructions will be sent via email when you schedule a test date.
Students with testing accommodations who would like to use their accommodations must speak with the Office of Accessibility Services prior to scheduling a test date.
On Test Day
On the day of the test, you will pay the ATI exam fee (under $100 *Subject to change as per ATI) online before beginning the test. This payment can be made only by debit or credit card. ATI does not accept prepaid cards.
What You Will Need to Test:
- Your ATI username and password
- Valid debit or credit card to pay the ATI test fee (under $100)
- School or government-issued photo identification (such as a driver's license or passport)
- One piece of scrap paper and pen/pencil
It is recommended that you allow yourself approximately four hours total to complete your exam.
Your exam will be scored immediately. You may view your scores at any time by signing into your ATI account.
- If you are a current or prospective SUNY Orange student, please send a PDF copy of your test scores to email@example.com after testing. You can access your scores within your ATI account.
SUNY Orange students must wait a minimum of 45 days before retesting. Students may take the test twice within an academic year (August to July). TEAS scores are valid for two years.