Transfer Fair - Fall 2021
Annual Fall College Transfer ---- (TBA)
Transfer Fair Insta-Raffle!
- Make a reservation for the Transfer Fair
- Take a screenshot or selfie of yourself in the Zoom Room with your College Rep
- Post to Instagram (make sure its public!) with the text: "I'm a @SUNY_Orange student and I'm planning to #Transfer to <yournextcollege>!"
[ to top ]
- Does your college accept the Associate degree (A.A. or A.S.) in place of your general education core requirement?
- What is the GPA required for acceptance into my major? Would it be better with my GPA (if lower than what is needed) to apply as an "Undeclared Major"?
- Will your college give me an "unofficial" evaluation of my transferable credits before sending in my application? Who actually does the transcript evaluation? (specific name).
- What is the possibility of transfer students living college housing?
- Are transfer students eligible for your scholarships? If so are they automatically considered or do they have to apply?
- Once I apply, how long will it be before I hear about acceptance and am told how many credits will transfer in my major? Remember: The "real" question in transfer credits is, "How many more credits will I need to complete my degree?"
- What is the name and phone number of the Transfer Counselor with whom I can speak directly?
- What percent of your graduates who apply for further education are accepted at those graduate schools? Or, if relevant, what percent of your students pass their professional licensing exam (e.g. – to be a certified teacher, public accountant, etc.
- How can I visit your campus? Are there specific open house dates for transfer students?
- Ask about personal things of interest to you (e.g. – clubs, intramural's, church or religious services, etc.) that will make your life as a student better.
- If accepted, will someone assist me in mapping out my course schedule and degree requirements?
- With regards to my major, does the college offer internships?
- What jobs are offered for students on campus who do not get awarded work study?
- What are some of the job offerings through Residence Life?
- Are there opportunities to create your own major? (combining other majors to create your own initiated degree)
- Do you give credits for "Life Experience"?
- What factors other than academics are considered in transferring? (e.g. – community service – is this important? Helpful? How about clubs and/or class officers?)
[ to top ]