Transfer Fair - Fall 2024
The College Transfer Fair is an annual event that brings together students, colleges, and universities to facilitate the transfer process. The fair is an excellent resource for students seeking to explore a wider range of academic opportunities, gain exposure to different campuses, and discover new educational pathways. It serves as a valuable platform for students to connect with institutions that align with their academic and career goals, making the transfer process more efficient and seamless.
Location: Gym 1: Physical Education Building (Middletown Campus)
Transfer Fair Insta-Raffle!
(2) $50 Gift Cards to The SUNY Orange Bookstore
***You do not need to register for the raffle in order to attend the fair
- Be a currently enrolled SUNY Orange Student
- Enter the Raffle by using the following link - TBA
- Then during the fair: Take a selfie at the Transfer Fair and Post to Instagram (make sure its public!) with the text: "I'm a @SUNY_Orange student and I'm planning to #Transfer!"
[ to top ]
Questions to ask a Transfer Representative
- Does your college accept the Associate degree (A.A. or A.S.) in place of your general education core requirement?
- What is the GPA required for acceptance into my major? Would it be better with my GPA (if lower than what is needed) to apply as an "Undeclared Major"?
- Will your college give me an "unofficial" evaluation of my transferable credits before sending in my application? Who actually does the transcript evaluation? (specific name).
- What is the possibility of transfer students living college housing?
- Are transfer students eligible for your scholarships? If so are they automatically considered or do they have to apply?
- Once I apply, how long will it be before I hear about acceptance and am told how many credits will transfer in my major? Remember: The "real" question in transfer credits is, "How many more credits will I need to complete my degree?"
- What is the name and phone number of the Transfer Counselor with whom I can speak directly?
- What percent of your graduates who apply for further education are accepted at those graduate schools? Or, if relevant, what percent of your students pass their professional licensing exam (e.g. – to be a certified teacher, public accountant, etc.
- How can I visit your campus? Are there specific open house dates for transfer students?
- Ask about personal things of interest to you (e.g. – clubs, intramural's, church or religious services, etc.) that will make your life as a student better.
- If accepted, will someone assist me in mapping out my course schedule and degree requirements?
- With regards to my major, does the college offer internships?
- What jobs are offered for students on campus who do not get awarded work study?
- What are some of the job offerings through Residence Life?
- Are there opportunities to create your own major? (combining other majors to create your own initiated degree)
- Do you give credits for "Life Experience"?
- What factors other than academics are considered in transferring? (e.g. – community service – is this important? Helpful? How about clubs and/or class officers?)