Educational Benefits Home
The Office of Veterans and Military Services is happy to assist you with using your educational benefits and/or Military Tuition Assistance. The Veterans Certifying Official, Kelly Jonigan, will certify your enrollment each semester with the VA and will assist you with any difficulties you might encounter in using your educational benefits.
Each semester, after you have registered for courses, please complete the:
REQUEST TO USE VETERANS EDUCATION BENEFITS FORM
Overall Process for using Educational Benefits:
- Apply and be accepted to SUNY Orange.
- Complete the Student Information Form if not done so already.
- Apply for Educational Benefits or Tuition Assistance (if Active Duty).
- Submit a copy of your DD 214 and Certificate of Eligibility or educational benefits approval to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request an official copy of your Joint Services Transcript be sent to the Office of Admissions.
- Apply for Financial Aid. As a military student, or dependent/spouse of a military service member, you may be entitled to federal or state financial aid, including both grants and loans. To determine this eligibility, you will need to complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.gov. Complete the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application as directed on the FAFSA submission confirmation page. Apply for New York State educational benefits. *Certain types of aid may not be used in conjunction with some benefits.
- Once you are registered for classes, email us at email@example.com. *This step is only for new students or those returning from a break in attendance of one or more semesters.
You are always welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns you may have.
The Johnny Isakson and David P. Roe, M.D. Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2020 requires educational institutions to make certain disclosures to students using federal military and/or VA educational benefits. To view and print a copy of an estimated personalized cost of attendance you can visit the SUNY Net Price Cost Calculator and select Orange County from the dropdown. Additional financial information can be found at the NCES College Navigator site.