Educational Benefits Home
The Office of Veterans and Military Services is happy to assist you with using your educational benefits and/or Military Tuition Assistance. The Veterans Certifying Official, Kelly Jonigan, will certify your enrollment each semester with the VA and will assist you with any difficulties you might encounter in using your educational benefits.
Overall Process for using Educational Benefits:
- Apply and be accepted to SUNY Orange.
- If you did not already complete as part of the college application, please complete the Student Information Form.
- Apply for educational benefits or Tuition Assistance (if Active Duty).
- Submit a copy of your DD 214, and Certificate of Eligibility or educational benefit
- Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via fax to (845) 341-4218
- In person to Kelly Jonigan at the Middletown Campus (Shepard Student Center, Advising Office)
- In person to Student Services Central at either campus
- Request an official copy of your Joint Services Transcript be sent to the Office of Admissions.
- If interested, apply for financial aid *Certain types of aid may not be used in conjunction with some benefits
- Complete admissions process, including placement testing, submission of immunization records, New START workshop, course registration, and any other required steps.
- Once you are registered for classes, email us at email@example.com. *This step is only for new students or those returning from a break in attendance of one or more semesters.
You are always welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns you may have.