Next Steps After Attending a New START
After you have attended a New START workshop and met with an Advisor to discuss your course options, there are several additional steps to finalize your registration and get ready for the semester.
- Register for classes - submit your registration form to Student Services Central (SSC).
- Review your schedule carefully. Make sure you have been properly registered for the courses you discussed with the Advisor. Double check that the days, times, and locations are correct.
- Submit final official GED, high school and/or college transcripts and immunization records (if partially cleared) to SSC.
PAYMENT & FINANCIAL AID
- Payment Plan - All students must make tuition payment arrangements by the deadline to avoid having courses deleted. Veteran students should contact the Veterans Certifying Official, Kelly Jonigan, with questions.
- Submit your Certificate of Residence to SSC within 30 days of the start of the semester. This is required every year. Students who do not complete the residence requirement will be responsible for non-resident (double) tuition.
- If applying for Financial Aid, be aware of these important dates:
- For Spring: December 1 is the target date to complete all verification paperwork and any additional financial aid information required by Financial Aid Office. After December 1, students who have not received confirmation of financial aid eligibility should sign up for a payment plan in their MySUNYOrange account>Student Finances>My Account Statement.
- For Summer: Please review the regulations for summer financial aid to see how federal financial aid can be applied to your account. Financial Aid book vouchers are not available for summer.
- For Fall: July 1 is the target date to complete all verification paperwork and any additional financial aid information required by Financial Aid Office. After July 1, students who have not received confirmation of financial aid eligibility should sign up for a payment plan through their Student Finances tab.
STUDENT ID & PARKING
To get your student ID card and parking pass you will need to show your schedule, a valid driver's license and vehicle registration. Please go to the Student Information Desk on the second floor of the Shepard Student Center (Middletown) or the Security Desk in the Grand Street Lobby, first floor of Kaplan Hall (Newburgh).
If your plans change:
If your plans change and you anticipate not attending any or all of your classes, it is your responsibility to fill out the necessary paperwork to withdraw from your class(es) in the Academic Advising office. You must withdraw before classes begin to receive full reimbursement of tuition and fees.