Next Steps After Attending a New START
After you have attended a New START workshop and met with an Advisor to discuss your course options, there are several additional steps to finalize your registration and get ready for the semester.
- Register for classes - use the registration PIN to register online for the courses discussed with the advisor.
- Review your schedule carefully. Make sure you have been properly registered for the courses you discussed with the Advisor. View your course schedule to be sure that the days, times, and locations are correct.
- Submit final official GED, high school and/or college transcripts and immunization records (if partially cleared) to Student Services Central.
PAYMENT & FINANCIAL AID
- Payment Plan - All students must make tuition payment arrangements by the deadline to avoid having courses deleted. Veteran students should contact the Veterans Certifying Official, with questions.
- Submit your Certificate of Residence to Student Services Central within 30 days of the start of the semester. This is required every year. Students who do not complete the residence requirement will be responsible for non-resident (double) tuition.
- If applying for Financial Aid, be aware of these important dates:
- For Spring: December 1 is the target date to complete all verification paperwork and any additional financial aid information required by Financial Aid Office. After December 1, students who have not received confirmation of financial aid eligibility should sign up for a payment plan in their MySUNYOrange account>Student Finances>My Account Statement.
- For Summer: Please review the regulations for summer financial aid to see how federal financial aid can be applied to your account. Financial Aid book vouchers are not available for summer.
- For Fall: July 1 is the target date to complete all verification paperwork and any additional financial aid information required by Financial Aid Office. After July 1, students who have not received confirmation of financial aid eligibility should sign up for a payment plan through their Student Finances tab.
STUDENT ID & PARKING
During time of COVID few students are required to be physcially on campus and no ID or parking passes are being issued. Please have your personal ID and a copy of your schedule with you when visiting campus.
WITHDRAWING FROM CLASSES
If your plans change and you wll not be attending any or all of your classes, it is your responsibility to withdraw from your classes. You must withdraw before the semester begins in order to receive a full reimbursement of tuition and fees. While we are working remotely due to COVID-19 email firstname.lastname@example.org.