Next Steps After Attending a New START
After you have attended a New START workshop and met with an Advisor to discuss your course options, there are several additional steps to finalize your registration and get ready for the semester.
- Register for classes - use the alternate PIN provided by the advisor to register online for the courses discussed at your registration appointment.
- Review your schedule carefully. Make sure you have been properly registered for the courses you discussed with the Advisor. View your course schedule to be sure that the days, times, and locations are correct.
- Submit final official GED, high school and/or college transcripts and immunization records (if partially cleared) to Student Services Central.
- Complete the Certificate of Residency to qualify for in-state tuition.
Payment & Financial Aid
- Payment Plan - All students must make tuition payment arrangements before the semester begins by the deadline to avoid having courses deleted. Veteran students should contact the Veterans Certifying Official, with questions.
- Submit your Certificate of Residency to Student Services Central within 30 days of the start of the semester. This is required every year. Students who do not complete the residence requirement will be responsible for non-resident (double) tuition.
- If applying for Financial Aid, be aware of these important dates:
- for the Spring semester: December 1 is the target date to complete all verification paperwork and any additional financial aid information required by Financial Aid Office.
- For Summer: Please review the regulations for summer financial aid to see how federal financial aid can be applied to your account. Financial Aid book vouchers are not available for summer.
- for the Fall semester: July 1 is the target date to complete all verification paperwork and any additional financial aid information required by Financial Aid Office.
- After the recommended target date, students who have not received confirmation of financial aid eligibility should sign up for a payment plan in their MySUNYOrange account>Student Finances>My Account Statement. Some students may be asked to expedite verification through Inceptia.
Student ID & Parking
Students can now obtain their ID electronically following the steps outlined by the Center for Student Involvement. The ID serves as a library card and student activities pass. At the Newburgh campus, parking passes are issued by Security in Kaplan Hall. At the Middletown campus, parking passes are not currently being issued.
Purchase your textbooks at the Campus Bookstore.
If you are receiving a financial aid book voucher, read the current Bookstore Credit Process.
Withdrawing from Classes
If your plans change and you wll not be attending any or all of your classes, it is your responsibility to withdraw from your classes. You must withdraw before the semester begins in order to receive a full reimbursement of tuition and fees. For assistance email email@example.com.