Facebook Ad Pixel SUNY Orange: Financial Aid - Summer Financial Aid

Summer Financial Aid

Eligibility and Applying for Summer 2024 Financial Aid

Students applying for federal financial aid for the Summer 2024 Sessions must:

Apply For Summer Aid:

Complete the Summer Aid Request Form 

Bookstore Credit

Bookstore credit is not available for the Summer Sessions.  Any excess financial aid will be refunded to the student by the Student Accounts Office.  For questions about refunds, contact Student Accounts.

Summer Financial Aid FAQs

Federal Student Loans

  • Student must be enrolled 6 credits or more
  • Student must have loan eligibility remaining from the current aid year (Financial Aid Office can assist with determination

Federal Pell Grant

  • Student eligible for Pell not used in the current aid year
  • If a student has used 100% of their current year Pell eligibility, they may have "Year Round Pell" eligibility if they are at least 6 credits in the summer 

New York State TAP

  • Under certain circumstances, a student can receive an award for summer study that is in addition to the regular annual Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) award. Such additional awards for summer study are considered accelerated TAP.  Accelerated TAP is available for full-time and half-time undergraduate summer study.
  • Must complete NYS TAP Application

Academic Requirements

Students who attended SUNY Orange during the Spring 2024 semester will be reviewed for Federal Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined for federal aid eligibility, whether or not they previously applied for or received federal financial aid.

Students who received New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) or Aid for Part-time Study (APTS) grants will be reviewed for NYS Satisfactory Academic Progress based on the Spring 2023 semester.

Students deemed ineligible for state and federal financial aid will not be eligible for any Summer session aid, including state or federal grants and/or loans.