New York State Public Health laws require that all students born on or after January 1, 1957 and enrolled for six or more credits in any one semester provide proof of immunity to measles, mumps and rubella (MMR).
In addition, all students, regardless of age, must sign and return the Student portion of the immunization form or the Meningitis Response Form indicating they have received the information about meningococcal disease and have either received or waived the vaccine.
It is strongly recommended Students submit their documentation upon admission or at least 30 days prior to their scheduled registration date. For this reason, a hold is placed on registration for all incoming students and you must submit immunization records before you will be eligible to register for 6 or more credits.
- Immunization Form available here.
- Meningitis Response Form
- (If you require a more accessible version of any of the forms below, please call (845) 341-4870).
Students who do not comply with immunization requirements will be disenrolled from the college.
HOW DO I SHOW PROOF OF IMMUNITY TO MMR?
Acceptable proof of immunity may be:
- Vaccine History of measles, mumps and rubella
- Documentation of live virus vaccine given after 1/1/68 and on or after your first birthday for:
- measles - two doses at least 28 days apart
- mumps one dose
- rubella one dose
- Laboratory serologic proof of immunity (positive titer) for measles, mumps and rubella
WHERE CAN I FIND MY RECORDS?
You, or your parent/guardian may already have a certificate of immunization showing the dates of administered vaccines. This could be documents such as:
- Lifetime Immunization Card (please Include copies of both sides)
- Migrant health record
- Union health record
- Community health plan record
- Military dependent “shot” record
- Immunization record card signed by a physician, physician's assistant, or nurse practitioner
NOPE, DON’T HAVE ANY OF THOSE!
Most students can obtain their immunization records from their doctor’s office, high school or previously attended college health or guidance office. The records submitted must include the student's full name and date of birth, and be stamped and/or signed by the issuing office. Complete the student section of the Immunization Form and submit it along with a copy of your immunization record.
Since requirements vary by state and country, your record is reviewed for compliance with New York State standards. It is important for you to maintain a copy, as the forms are often illegible or lack identifying information required to process the documentation.
Please be advised that if you have changed your name, it must be accompanied by supporting documentation (i.e.: Marriage License, Court Order, Divorce Decree, Birth Certificate, and Immigration Papers).
I’M “OLD” AND NO LONGER HAVE MY RECORDS!
Ensure that your high school, previously attended college or any other institution that may have required you to submit records no longer has them on file. If you are still unable to locate your records you should provide proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella with positive titers.
- Titers are blood tests done at a doctor's office.
- Students who do not have a primary care provider can call the Wellness Center for a list of physicians who work with our students at reduced rates.
- The student must submit official lab tests results to the Wellness Center.
- If the blood tests are negative the student will need to be re-immunized.
- Immunizations are not provided on campus. They are available free of charge to prospective college students through the Orange County Department of Health. https://www.orangecountygov.com/703/Immunization-Clinics
- The student is responsible for all fees related to blood tests and immunizations.
How do I submit my immunization records?
Submit documentation to the Wellness Center. Please submit documentation ONLY ONCE using ONE method and allow 3-5 business days for processing. Submitting via multiple methods will result in delays for all records. The office will reach out via mail or SUNY Orange email if your records do not demonstrate the required compliance. Please include your name and A# on each page of the documents submitted. Forms and records that are not legible cannot be processed, and this will delay your registration.
- Email: email@example.com (PDF format ONLY)
- In Person: Wellness Center 2nd Floor Shepard Student Center Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Mail: Wellness Center 115 South St, Middletown, NY 10940
- Fax: 845-341-4872
- STUDENT SEVICES CENTRAL, LOCATED IN:
- NEWBURGH - KAPLAN HALL ROOM 110
- MIDDLETOWN - SHEPARD STUDENT CENTER THIRD FLOOR
Please allow at least 3 business days before calling to verify receipt of immunization materials
I'M A VETERAN AND DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE RECORD!
If your military immunization records are not immediately available or do not completely document proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella, the Wellness Center encourages you to first explore other avenues of immunization records available such as high school and childhood health records (SEE ABOVE).
If none of these options are applicable, you may show proof of honorable discharge from the armed services within ten years from the date of application to the College and may attend while awaiting receipt of your military immunization records. Please contact the Wellness Center for help with requesting your records from the VA.
HOW DO I OBTAIN A COPY OF MY RECORDS FROM SUNYORANGE?
Students can obtain a copy of their immunization records by completing the Authorization to Release/Obtain Medical Records form and attaching a copy of their photo identification (driver's license, student ID, etc.) Records can be faxed or mailed to any school or employer the student designates at no cost.
- Email the request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to (845) 341-4872
- Mail to: SUNY Orange Wellness Center, 115 South Street, Middletown, NY 10940