NYS TAP Grant and Scholarships
NYS Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
The New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) helps eligible New York residents pay tuition at approved schools in New York State. Depending on the academic year in which you begin study, an annual TAP award can be up to $5,165. Because TAP is a grant, it does not have to be paid back.
- Apply for TAP Now
- Award Amounts and Income Limits
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) for Full-time Students
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) for Part-Time Students
- Repeated Coursework
Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS)
Due to funding limitations and the number of qualified applicants, coverage is limited to 6 credits. Students are selected on a first come first serve basis. Applications are placed in chronological order based on when the application and State of New York taxes are received.
- Be NY State residents who can demonstrate the ability to complete college coursework
- Be enrolled for 6 to 11 ½ credits in an eligible degree-bearing program
- After completing at least 3 credits at SUNY Orange, maintain a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.0 in order to be eligible to receive APTS the following semester
- Each semester, satisfactory academic progress will be measured. Students must obtain at least a 2.0 GPA for each semester the student is receiving APTS, in order to receive APTS the following semester.
- If transferring in to SUNY Orange, submit to the Financial Aid Office an Academic Transcript of coursework completed at the prior institution
- If they are dependent students: have a family whose net NY State taxable income is $50,550 or less
- If they are independent students: have a family whose net NY State taxable income is $34,250 or less
NYS Scholarship Opportunities
Scholarships are "free money" awarded based on various factors. Some may require certain conditions be met or have a service component.
(The College also offers scholarships through the SUNY Orange Foundation.)
- Flight 3407 Memorial Scholarship
- Flight 587 Memorial Scholarship
- Military Service Recognition Scholarship
- NYS Math and Science Incentive Scholarship
- NYS Memorial Scholarship for families of volunteer firefighters, police officers, peace officers, emergency medical service workers, deceased firefighters
- NYS Scholarships for Academic Excellence
- NYS World Trade Center Memorial Scholarship
- NYS Native American Award
- NYS Regents Award for Children of Deceased and Disabled Veterans
- Segal AmeriCorps Education Award
- Veterans Tuition Award
- FASNY Tuition Reimbursement Program (FASNY HELP)
The Excelsior Scholarship, in combination with other student financial aid programs, allows students to attend a SUNY or CUNY college tuition-free.